Thank you to the many stakeholders who participated in yesterday’s master plan visioning workshop. Over 30 staff, students, faculty, administrators, neighbours and municipal representatives got together to discuss the future of the campus. The workshop kicked off with a presentation (7.6 MB PDF) by our consultant team that identified issues and opportunities facing the campus. Participants were then divided into smaller groups to define priorities and objectives for the future of the campus by working through the following questions:
- What are the most pressing issues and trends and how should the campus evolve in response?
- How far are you willing to go to achieve sustainability?
- Is a new vision needed for the future of the campus?
- What are the right relationships between UoG, downtown and the City of Guelph?
- What are the top five projects for the evolution of campus in the next 20 years?
The next step in the process will be to refine the great ideas, directions and feedback that we received through the workshop into a draft campus vision. We will then bring the draft campus vision forward at the campus open house on March 22 (more details to follow). In the meantime, take a look at the presentation and let us know your answers to the above questions.